General Information

Have you had a change in employment or contact information?

Update your registration profile now

Name change?

To practice under a name that differs from that on the register, please mail, fax or scan a copy of documentation of name change (e.g. marriage certificate) to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Moving Out of Province?

Apply to the regulatory body in the province where you intend to practice. The regulatory body will contact NSCDN to verify that you are currently registered in good standing. NSCDN will provide verification and send the regulatory body copies of your credentials and CDRE results. There is a $25 fee to NSCDN for this service. This fee can be paid by cheque, money order or Interac e-transfer (to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). Once you are registered in the new province, please send an email to NSCDN to resign.

Resigning from NSCDN

To resign in good standing, submit your resignation in writing (e.g. email) to NSCDN. Members who resign by September 30 are entitled to a half year refund.

A person not licensed under the Dietitians Act may not use the titles or designations dietitian or nutritionist, or the initials RD, either alone or in combination with other words, letters, or descriptions as per Section 2 of the Dietitians Act.


All applicants shall be required to pass the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) unless they are presently a member in good standing of another regulatory body or if they wrote and passed the CDRE within three years of application.

If the applicant’s dietetic training or the CDRE was written more than three years before the date of application, the applicant must satisfy the Registration Committee that they have been registered as a dietitian in another jurisdiction as a member in good standing and has practised a minimum of 600 hours in three years immediately preceding the date of application or have successfully completed academic upgrading and/or an upgrading practicum recommended by the Registration Committee.

The Registration Committee will provide the applicant with direction for completing the upgrading deemed necessary. The decision will be based on thorough consideration of the applicant’s academic qualifications, practical training, related work experience, and evidence of continuing competence activities.

Click HERE to read the Reinstatement Policy

Do I have to re-write the CDRE if I resign from NSCDN and move to the United States?

If you continue to participate in the US competency program and maintain an active practice as a dietitian, you will not have any difficulty registering in Nova Scotia again as a dietitian. However, if you do not have evidence of continuing competency and choose not to work as a dietitian, a competency assessment and upgrading may be required to ensure you are current and competent to practice. It is not automatic that you would have to re-write the CDRE.